GANADO's has an unequaled reputation in the Maltese legal market for advice in relation to investment services regulation.
The focus of our investment services regulation practice is advising on the authorisation and supervision of investment services firms, asset managers and funds by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA), including:
- Hedge fund managers and alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs);
- Investment advisory firms, stockbrokers and other MiFID firms;
- UCITS fund managers;
- Fund custodians;
- Professional Investor Funds (Alternative Investor Funds / AIFs);
- Retail Funds including UCITS Funds;
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds;
- Real Estate Funds; and
- Exchangce Traded Funds (ETFs).
Our Investment Services & Funds Team also has extensive experience with advising on the full range of investment services regulatory matters, including advising on all aspects of ongoing compliance with Maltese and European Union regulatory requirement as well as specific regulatory issues such as reorganisations, investment services solicitation and fund distribution, more often than not involving a cross-border element.
GANADO’s Investment Services & Funds Team have extensive experience with dealing with the local competent authority, the MFSA, and enjoy an enviable professional relationship with its offcials.