Caroline is a Regulatory Advisor within GANADO Advocates’ Banking and Finance team, assisting banks and financial institutions extensively on various regulatory matters. In particular, she advises the firm’s clients on the licensing regime in Malta applicable to credit institutions and financial institutions, including on-going compliance with the various legislation applicable to payment services, electronic money and general banking activities. Additionally, Caroline assists clients in general corporate matters including corporate governance and also forms part of the firm’s Blockchain team, mainly assisting service providers to obtain a licence from the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to operate as a VFA Service Provider.
Caroline has over 11 years of banking experience having worked within the banking industry for over 7 years and with the MFSA within the Banking Supervision Department for 4 years. Her role at the MFSA included being part of a diverse multinational Joint Supervisory Team (JST) with members from the MFSA and the ECB to supervise one of the local Significant Institutions (SIs) in Malta. She also represented the MFSA in meetings held locally and overseas, specifically in various European Central Bank (ECB) working groups including ECB working group on Supervisory Statistics, ECB working group on User Requirements on Supervisory Reporting, ECB work stream for STE and SPE exercises and providing feedback to the ECB DG Statistics on Banking Supervision Data Division.
- GANADO Advocates, Regulatory Advisor: 2018
- Malta Financial Services Authority, Analyst: 2015
- Banif Bank (Malta) plc, Business Development Manager: 2014
- Banif Bank (Malta) plc, Data Management Executive: 2010
- Banif Bank (Malta) plc, Commercial Relationship Officer: 2007
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2012 (UK)
- Certificate for Financial Advisors (CeFA), 2009 (UK)
- Maltese Law for Financial Advisors (MLFA), 2009 (Malta)
- Diploma in Banking and Financial Services (Dip. BFS), 2007 (Malta)