T: +356 2123 5406
Dr Catherine Formosa is a Senior Associate within GANADO Advocates’ Banking and Finance team, assisting banks and financial institutions in financing transactions and other banking operations. Catherine also advises in relation to corporate governance issues, regulatory matters, retail banking and corporate and commercial matters.
Catherine joined the firm after 16 years working within the banking industry. As Bank of Valletta Group Company Secretary, she was Secretary to the BOV Board and the MSV Life Board and to the respective Board Committees. She was also a member on a number of management committees. Whilst at Legal Office, Catherine advised the bank on different legal matters, both in relation to its corporate as well as its retail business. She represented the bank on external committees in relation to financial services legislative initiatives and regularly trained staff on civil and commercial law issues and on banking law developments. Catherine is also a visiting lecturer and an examiner at the Faculty of Laws, University of Malta.
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2017
- GANADO Advocates, Consultant: 2016
- University of Malta, Visiting Lecturer and Examiner for the Faculty of Laws: 2011 to date
- Bank of Valletta Group and MSV Life plc, Company Secretary: 2009
- Bank of Valletta, Head Legal Advice: 2000
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Lawyer Tax and Legal: 1996
- Certificate in Trust Law and Administration, 2004 (Malta)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 1999 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), 1996 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates