Dr. David Borg-Carbott is a senior associate within GANADO Advocates’ Investment Services & Funds Team with particular focus on safekeeping of assets and fund custody. David regularly advises the firm’s clients on custody and settlement related issues as well as drafting and negotiating fund custody agreements and other related documentation.
David also advises on the broader range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters, including the need for MFSA authorisation, the establishment and authorisation of financial services businesses (including funds, fund managers and their service providers), and the regulatory aspects of corporate acquisitions within the financial services sector.
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2011
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2008
- GANADO Advocates, Advocate: 2005
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 2004 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), 2001 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates
- Member of the International Bar Association