T: +356 2123 5406
Dr Jotham Scerri-Diacono is a Partner within GANADO Advocates’ Shipping team, with particular focus on ship registration, shipping litigation and maritime law generally. Jotham also regularly advises and assists clients on corporate law and dispute resolution.
Jotham sits on a number of Committees and Boards involved in maritime and environmental law. He lectures and is an examiner at the University of Malta on topics dealing with shipping and advocacy. He regularly writes and contributes articles on maritime law in various local and international journals.
Jotham has acted for major banks, owners and buyers in arrest and sale of vessels in Malta. He regularly assists clients with the registration of yachts under the Malta Flag.
- GANADO Advocates, Partner: 2009
- Visiting Lecturer and Examiner for the Faculty of Laws LL.D and LL.B courses, University of Malta: 2007
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2000
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 1994
- Diploma International Commercial Arbitration, 2006 (UK Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)
- Certificate in Trusts Law & Administration, 2004 (Malta)
- Master of Laws (LL. M) (Maritime Law), 1994 (I.M.L.I.)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 1993 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Malta Maritime Law Association
- Honorary Member of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Centre for International Legal Studies
- Member of the Maritime Legislative Advisory Council
- Member of the Domestic Arbitration Panels (Maritime and General Civil/Commercial), Malta Arbitration Centre
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK
- Executive Council Member, Malta Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energies Association (MEEREA)
- Secretary/Treasurer of the International Propellor Club, Port of Valletta
- Member of the University Maritime Platform