Dr. Mario Zerafa is a Senior Associate within GANADO Advocates’ Investment Services and Funds team. He primarily focuses on the setting up, structuring and licensing of PIFs, UCITS, AIFs and NAIFs as well as investment services licence holders such as AIFMs, UCITS Management Companies, and MIFID firms. On an ongoing basis he advises clients on their ongoing obligations in terms of the applicable legal and regulatory framework. As part of the ongoing support to clients Mario also assists with various corporate matters including the re-domiciliation of companies into or out of Malta, drafting of shareholders agreements and corporate governance matters.
Mario specialises in anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing laws and advises clients on the establishment of an AML-CFT framework in line with Maltese laws and regulations.
He also lectures at various academic institutions on investment services and AML-CFT subjects.
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2020
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2015
- GANADO Advocates, Advocate: 2012
- Master of Laws (LL.M) (International Commercial Law), 2012 (London)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 2011(Malta)
- Bachelor of Laws with European Studies (LL.B), 2008 (Malta)
- IFSP in Trust Law and Administration, 2011 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta