Dr Matthew Xerri is a Senior Associate within GANADO Advocates’ Shipping and Aviation team, with particular focus on ship and aviation finance, including the implementation of alternative financing methods. Matthew regularly represents financial institutions in ship finance transactions and alternative ship finance structures. He has been involved in the drafting of charterparties.
Furthermore, Matthew assists aircraft lessors in complex aircraft transactions, including the registration of international interests. He also regularly assists aircraft operators with Air Operators Certificates and Air Operators Licence applications and corporate law related matters. Matthew has recently assisted with amendments to the aircraft legislation.
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2018
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2014
- GANADO Advocates, Advocate: 2011 – 2014
- Diploma in Taxation, 2011 (Malta Institute of Taxation)
- Master of Laws (LL.M) (Maritime Law), 2009 (I.M.L.I)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 2009 (Malta)
- Certificate in Trust Law and Administration, 2008
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), 2006 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates
- Malta Maritime Law Association
- Malta Institute of Taxation