Dr Nicholas Micallef is an Advocate within GANADO Advocates’ Investment Services and Funds Team. His main areas of practice include the licensing of Collective Investments Schemes (UCITS, PIFs, AIFs and NAIFs) and Investment Services Providers, as well as compliance, governance, regulatory advice, restructuring and winding-up of such entities.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicholas assisted with the first transformation of an investment company with variable share capital (SICAV) to an incorporated cell under a Recognised Incorporate Cell Company (RICC) in Malta, as well as with the registration and recognition of the first Limited Partnership with Variable Capital (L.P.V.C.) in Malta.
- GANADO Advocates, Advocate: 2019
- KPMG Malta, Associate Director: 2018
- Mamo TCV Advocates, Senior Associate: 2016
- Simon Tortell & Associates, Senior Associate: 2013
- Simon Tortell & Associates, Associate: 2010
- Professional Certificate in Taxation, Malta Institute of Taxation, 2017
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D.), 2010 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), 2007 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- Member of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (IFSP)
- Member of the Investment Business sub-committee of IFSP