Paul Micallef Grimaud
T: +356 2123 5406
Paul Micallef Grimaud is a Partner at GANADO Advocates and heads the firm’s Intellectual Property, TMT and data protection practice group. Paul’s focus is dedicated to counselling and assisting clients in the media, technology and entertainment space, on the legal aspects of their operations, and to representing them in court and arbitration. The team that Paul leads is regularly involved in the drafting and negotiation of IP assignment, licensing and management contracts, advising on content and end-user related matters, registering and enforcing IP rights, and assisting with data protection and regulatory compliance.
Paul is a warranted advocate and regularly represents his clients in arbitration and litigation proceedings relating to intellectual property infringements, anti-counterfeit measures, trade mark and design oppositions, telecoms regulatory matters, media, slander and freedom of information disputes, data protection breaches, and unfair competition cases.
- GANADO Advocates, Partner: 2016
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2010
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2008
- Malta Communications Authority, Senior Legal Advisor: 2004-2007
- Master of Arts (Human Rights), 2003 (Malta)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 2002 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), 1999 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates